CCSI-SARE Basics of Soil Health Training
Time & Location
About the Event
What: This training was designed to provide a connection between traditional soils science courses and soil health concepts.
When: One single-day training to be held the week of July 6th. Final Date TBD.
Target Audience: Indiana Conservation Partnership staff, farmer-mentors, agronomists, and other ag professionals who have not taken soils science courses and/or who have not attended Core Cover Crops / Core Soil Health Systems Trainings.
Preregistration is Open - We will contact all pre-registrants when date and location is finalized to confirm their attendance.
- 8:30 am Registration
- 9:00 am Introductions
- 9:15 am Understanding the Inherent and Dynamic Properties of Soils
- 12:30 pm Working Lunch Discussion Topics:
- How Soil Health relates to other state programs
- Evolving public perception of soil health
- Funding opportunities
- 1:15 pm Use of Conservation Cropping Systems to Improve Soil Health
- 2:15 pm Soil Health Indicators:
- Earthworms and agricultural soils
- How soil health is assessed
- Simple and research-level measurements
- 3:15 pm Evaluations
- 3:30 pm Have a safe trip home!
- Sold OutPRE-REGISTRATION$0$00$0