POSTPONED! CCSI-SARE Core Cover Crops Training
Time & Location
About the Event
What: This training provides a foundation for understanding how cover crops can be incorporated into Midwestern cropping systems, including considerations for potential changes in nutrient and pest management.
Target Audience: Indiana Conservation Partnership staff, farmer-mentors, agronomists, and other ag professionals who have not attended Advanced Cover Crops Trainings.
Registration is Open - We will contact all pre-registrants when date and location is finalized to confirm their attendance.
- 9:00 am Benefits and Selections of Cover Crops
- 9:30 am Indiana Seed Laws
- 10:00 am Cover Crop Strategies and Equipment
- 10:30 am BREAK
- 10:45 Hands-on Exercise – Seeding Tools and Calculators
- 11:45 Pest Management in Cover Crop Systems
- 12:30 pm Lunch
- 1:15 pm Cover Crop Termination
- 2:15 pm Hands-on Evaluation and Identification of Cover Crop Species/Mixes
- 3:45 pm Wrap Up
- 4:00 pm Have a safe trip home!
- Core Cover Crops Attendee$0$00$0